Sat, Oct 16|
Training: Western MA WARM 101 and 201
Discover what it means to be a refugee, how to connect across cultural barriers, and how to start volunteering to reach out to refugees in your own community.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2021, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Agawam, 580 Main St, Agawam, MA 01001, USA
About The Event
Who should come?
Church groups, families, and individuals who are interested in learning more about refugees. If you think you might like to volunteer with WARM, this is required training for all prospective volunteers.
- Who is a refugee? What are the realities of this refugee crisis?
- What does the Bible say about refugees?
- Communicating across barriers — helpful tips as you take those first steps
- Building cultural connections — seeking to understand
- Promoting self-sufficiency — how to truly help your refugee friends
- Dialoguing about faith — is it ok to discuss each other’s beliefs?
- Putting it all into action — how to partner with WARM
Feel free to contact Jennifer Frye at 774-225-0024, firstname.lastname@example.org or Tricia Sayre at email@example.com. Morning refreshments provided. We will enjoy lunch (provided) in small groups at the church.