Sat, Jun 19|
W. Springfield Covenant Community Church
WARM 101 + 201 Training
Discover what it means to be a refugee, how to connect across cultural barriers, and how to start volunteering to reach out to refugees in your own community.
Time & Location
Jun 19, 2021, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
W. Springfield Covenant Community Church, 112 Amostown Rd, West Springfield, MA 01089, USA
About The Event
Who should come?
Church groups, families, and individuals who are interested in learning more about refugees. If you think you might like to volunteer with WARM, this is required training for all prospective volunteers.
- Who is a refugee? What are the realities of this refugee crisis?
- What does the Bible say about refugees?
- Communicating across barriers — helpful tips as you take those first steps
- Building cultural connections — seeking to understand
- Promoting self-sufficiency — how to truly help your refugee friends
- Dialoguing about faith — is it ok to discuss each other’s beliefs?
- Putting it all into action — how to partner with WARM
Feel free to contact Jennifer Frye at 774-225-0024, email@example.com or Tricia Sayre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Morning refreshments provided. We will enjoy lunch in small groups at local ethnic restaurants.