WARM 101 and 201: Opening the Door to Engage in Refugee Ministry
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a special workshop combining our 101 and 201 training, followed by a practicum from 2:00 - 4:00 PM. Lunch will be provided.
Discover what it means to be a refugee, how to connect across cultural barriers, and how to start volunteering with WARM to reach out to refugees in your own community. Hear from international friends who have traveled the refugee highway.
Who should come?
This workshop is designed for church groups, families, and individuals who are interested in learning more about befriending refugees. If you would like to start volunteering with WARM, this workshop covers the initial training requirements for WARM volunteers.
Topics covered (9:00 AM - 2:00 PM):
- Who is a refugee? What are the realities of this refugee crisis?
- What does the Bible say about refugees?
- Communicating across barriers — helpful tips as you take those first steps
- Building cultural connections — seeking to understand
- Promoting self-sufficiency — how to truly help your refugee friends
- Dialoguing about faith — is it ok to discuss each other’s beliefs?
- Putting it all into action — how to partner with WARM
Practicum (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM):
Put what you've just learned into practice! Join us to visit some of our refugee friends.